Pat, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>What is the difference between running repair permissions in the
>command line and using disk utility to run it??

I think nothing really, but unless Disk Utility is run with superuser
status, it may not be able to affect all folders. I do think it have this
capability by admin password, but I'm not 100%.
One could use an app like Pseudo to run DU as root.
Otherwise the point is to run Disk Utility or the command line while
booted from the latest updated system, in order to be fully correct with
all permissions settings.