Thomas, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>I know many people with both Mac's and
>PC's and PC's are by far more trouble prone that Mac's are.

While that is also my perception, you must realize that depending on the
usage focus (with which I mean the combination of hardware like outboard
gear, specific videocards and specific software), have more problems than
others. I have already mentioned Pro Audio. Latency aside, I feel PCs
still have the upper hand for some time to come (even though they don't
have the best Pro Audio Sequencer any longer).

Also, there are known areas of application where PCs are better because
they have the apps. Using the incomplete OS X apps in these areas is one
sure way of getting problems even on the best OS in the world. Some
people I know feel the 3D field is one such area and they are also
calling the Apple Graphics bus slow as they want to be able to move 8Gbit
per second, they tell me.

It's hard to stop debate OS X issues. Is there a constructive discussion
group for that that you people can recommend? I don't like the tone of
"Mac OS X Talk" nor do I like its massive daily volume of messages.