On 8/28/04 10:19 AM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My friends who are into astrology would explain that this is all happening due
> to Mercury being retrograde through Sept. 6th. I think I'd attribute it to
> lousy planning on Apple's part regarding back-to-school, end-of-summer
> purchases.

Weeell, let's just say typical back to school delays compounded by Apple's
typical worse case scenario shipping estimates. This tends to be a VERY BAD
time to buy an Apple product if you want timely shipment. Schools and
universities are placing large orders (yes, you might expect them to do it
in June and July but that doesn't generally happen for several reasons) as
are teachers and students.

I've found that Apple's delivery estimate (for shipping products) tend to be
very pessimistic. A newly announced product always seems to be much later
than Apple estimates but that's another story. Apple generally beats its
estimate.

Still, I've learned that if I want/need it immediately that buying via mail
order tends to guarantee a delay. I've also learned to buy my computers at a
brick and mortar store but that's another story entirely and has little to
do with timely arrivals.

david