Now that I've got a new PowerBook, I'm thinking later to get AppleCare. When
I got my previous PowerBooks, close to 2 years ago, it still had over a year
of AppleCare remaining because the original buyer was smart to buy it just a
little bit before its first year warranty expired.

Now, I was planning to do the same but a co-worker told me that it doesn't
work that way, that now, when you buy it, it starts from the original
purchase date. In other words, you can't have a 4 year protection by waiting
at the end of your first year warranty to buy AppleCare. I've checked the
Apple web site but didn't find anything that would prove one or the other.

So, does anybody know how AppleCare really work?

Thanks!

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

firebottle n.obs.: A large, primitive, power-hungry active electrical
device, similar in function to a FET but constructed out of glass, metal,
and vacuum. Characterized by high cost, low density, low reliability,
high-temperature operation, and high power dissipation. Sometimes mistakenly
called a `tube' in the U.S. or a `valve' in England; another hackish term is
glassfet.