Hi John.

Well I got the Dell TruMobile 1100 Series in tonight.

The back of the card was marked Cisco Systems, AIR-PCM340, then in small
print AIR-PCM342. This one supports WEP 64/128. Was New In Box.

It is a direct copy of the Cisco 340 I got last week.

Came with firmware v3.93. I upgraded it to v5.30.17 and it took off like a
champ. Good contact with the Airport Base Station I have.

In the Cisco Control Panel, the only difference I could see is the product
name listed in the Advanced Configurations selection,in the Status pannel.

The Cisco AIR-PCM341 list its Product Name as 340 series
The Dell 1100, AIR-PCM342 list its Product Name as PC4800B

Other than that, the cards work identical. Test with OS 9.2.1 on a
Wallstreet II (PDQ).

If you want to get one, check with the seller for the small print on the
back of the card. Make sure your get the 342 or 352 version.

The last digit on the number indicates WEP, with a
0 being No WEP
1 being 64 WEP
2 being 128 WEP

The 340 Series is rated at the same transmit power level as the Orinoco
cards (15dBm), while the 350 Series has a more powerful transmiter (20dBm).

By the way, the FCC ID # on both cards is LDK102038, so if you find another
card with this ID #, then it's a OEM of the Cisco card and should work on a
Macintosh.

Well, I guess I will go to the local user group Thrusday and show them a
Dell Wireless card in a Apple PowerBook.

Hope this information helps.

Ken Vann