It's not that easy. First of all, every "satisfied VPC user" has to have Windows license anyway. Second of all, if somebody likes what they see, they might switch to PCs in the next round.

Not really. I know of people using VPC to run Linux or some other OS instead of windows. It's not all that common, but I know of several cases where it's not being used with windows.

Steve