The National Enquirer reports at 8:13 PM -0400 10/16/04, Laurent
Daudelin wrote:

>on 16/10/04 19:59, Stanton Mitrany at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Hi, Gang!
> >
> > I'm posting this inquiry for a friend of mine, who is considering switching
> > to Macintosh:
> >
> > "If I get a Wallstreet II 233 from a friend, what is be the highest version
> > of OS10 I can run on it?  I want to be able to use it with the new Adobe
> > Creative Suite (Photoshop, GoLive etc) which, I think, requires OS10."
> >
> > Thanks, friends! My friend will be grateful for your response.
>
>The latest version of OS X that is officially supported by Apple on a
>Wallstreet is 10.2 (Jaguar). However, using a tool like XPostFacto, many
>users have successfully installed and are running 10.3 (Panther).
>
>That being said, a 233MHz Wallstreet to run PhotoShop, GoLive, etc., will be
>very slow, specially if the Wallstreet has less than 512MB of RAM.

But if you are running more than 384MB of RAM in a Wallstreet, you
very likely will run into all kinds of problems with OS X, especially
10.3.x.

>Your friend might end up thinking that OS X is too slow...

While possibly true, 10.3.x is reputed to be faster than 10.2.x.

Bob

Bob
--
If replying privately, please include my name in the To: address, so
that my filters won't send your reply to the trash.