On Sun, Oct 17, 2004 at 02:51:24AM -0600 or thereabouts, Bob wrote:
> >Bob, is this a proven issue?
>
> For a number of users, yes. I reiterate, I didn't say (and as a rule
> I don't make blanket statements) that it is the case for all.

Yes, I see you stated that in a later post.

> But when you see multiple reports, on different forums, I think it's
> worthwhile to take notice. After all, that's the primary value of
> these kinds of virtual forums. We share the good, bad and
> indifferent, and we all benefit from our collective experiences.
>
> I didn't keep a running tally of those who said they had problems
> trying to use 512MB with 10.3.x. But there were numerous reports, and
> almost without exception, when they went back to 384MB, the problems
> went away.
>
> >If you experienced problems,
>
> Sigh. I explicitly stated that I was not listing my experience.

Yes. Once again, you stated this in a later post.

> There very well may be a pattern to the difficulties. But I have not
> seen anyone try to collate one.

I did read through the various threads on the OWC forums and saw
numerous reports of users running into problems with the ATI video
driver once running 10.3.x with more than 512MB ram.

> >I can vouch for running my WS 250MHz with 512MB ram and no problems
> >on both 10.3.4 and 10.3.5.
>
> One experience would qualify much easier for an exception rather than the rule.

To you, maybe. To others, maybe not.

> If you disagree with me, that's fine. I have no problem with that. I
> was simply trying to warn the OP of potential problems that they may
> or may not experience.

Which was a wonderful thing for you to do. I think I 've reacted
because you only told the OP that they would likely have problems,
and didn't provide them with any suggestions for resources so they
could research the issue themselves right from the get go.

-nils