When nothing is open and all applications (according to the dock) are not open, and my menu bar has "finder" as the open application", and I click "help", there be nothing in the resulting opened window. I have Help's own red/yellow/green buttons, the left/right arrows, the little house button, the "ask a question" field, and nothing in the white area below it. The left/right arrows are black, but go nowhere. Clicking the little house takes me nowhere. When I type anything in the "ask a question" field and hit "enter", nothing happens as a result.

I'm using Panther on a 17" PB 1.5GHz. My iMac DV400 also is running on Panther. On my iMac, it works fine. I close all apps, click "Help", and get the usual stuff filling in the big white space: the big X on the left half and a few links on the right, such as What's New, etc...

I discovered this as a result of taking Charles' advice on the iMac list to check if I had changed my firewall setup. Since I don't know how to change my firewall setup, I thought I'd learn by going to help. The reason why Charles thought I needed to check my firewall setup is because I can't log into iTunes because of error 5555 (whatever that is). This feels like the domino effect... or maybe the twilight zone...

Claire