On 18/10/04 10:32, "Marcin Wichary" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> As others have mentioned, the wifi reception is poor in all the TiBook
>> models.
>
> Why is it so? Are AlBooks substantially better, better, or similar in
> this regard?

Well, I can't really comment on Titanium PowerBooks since I've never used
one, but it's been widely mentioned that the Titanium alloy they used was
kind of blocking the WiFi reception.

Now, it seems that Aluminum doesn't have this problem. I have been using a
17" for about a month now and I find the WiFi reception as good as the one I
was getting on my previous PowerBook G3.

-Laurent.