The National Enquirer reports at 12:45 PM -0400 10/24/04, dan_A wrote:

>On Oct 24, 2004, at 12:24 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > IS there any way I can tell it to boot from the HD
> > instead of the disk on startup. OS 9 is installed on the HD but it
> > just wont
> > boot from it. Also, I dont know if its a bad CDROM drive but it seems
> > to be
> > reading the CD thats in there but it wont open when I push the button.
>
>Hi,
>Try booting, holding the option key down. This should give you a "bent
>arrow" and a "straight arrow" pointing to the right. Click on the
>straight arrow until you see the internal drive icon. Then click on
>that. An alternative way is hit your start button and hold down the
>shift/option/command keys until you see a startup disk. This should
>force the computer to utilize the "next" drive instead of the CD. I
>hope this helps.

Unless someone proves me wrong, I'm almost positive that the
Option-boot will *not* work on the Wallstreet. Another one of the
quirks of venerable Wallstreet.

I've even had occasional problems getting back into OS 9 after
booting the OS X (Jaguar) install disk (to run Disk Utility). Holding
down the Option key is supposed to force an OS 9 boot, but sometimes
it simply doesn't.That may be something in my setup and not a general
Wallstreet problem. <rant> As an aside, has there ever been a dumber,
more user-unfriendly CD than the OS 10.2 installer? I hate it with a
passion. </rant>

Bob
--
If replying privately, please include my name in the To: address, so
that my filters won't send your reply to the trash.