> on 16/11/04 01:42, Mike McGinnis at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> I have been learning from this list for a while and I
>> now have a problem I haven't been able to solve on my
>> own. I have a Lombard with OS 10.3.6 which I have
>> recently decided to change to a Belkin  G pcmcia card
>> from an Orinoco Silver B card, I uninstalled the
>> sourceforge drivers I was using with the Belkin card,
>> in case they were causing a conflict. I understood the
>> Belkin should be recognized under airport extreme as a
>> compatible card, it shows on the tool bar as a Ralink
>> Technology RT2500 card. When I try to start airport
>> setup it says there is no airport card installed. It
>> acts like it doesn't have the proper drivers loaded.
>> What am I missing? After 4 hours on Google I give up I
>> need some expert help.
>
> Well, it looks like the Apple AirPort driver doesn't recognize the card. You
> might want to try a driver that is known to support that card...
>
> -Laurent.

I use the Belkin 54G pcmcia wireless card (f5d7010) in my son's Ti-Book and
under 10.3 its identified as an "unknown vendor" airport card with the
following info as found in System Profile.

card ID of TXN,PCI1410-02
Vendor ID: 0x104c
Device ID: 0xac50

And yes, it does work under Airport Extreme without any additional drivers.
It has worked before Airport version 3.4. Try reinstalling/upgrading the
airport software. If I plug it into my Al-Book it is immediately recognized.

John

--
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.