After saying I would for months, I just upgraded my Wallstreet (466, 384MB RAM, 20gig HD) to 10.2.8 in the hopes of making it my kitchen recipe/internet radio computer. (No disaster if I spill that soup on it! - at least not compared to if I did the same on my PB G4 17".)

I got a Belkin F5D7010 802.11g PC card that's supposed to work with 10.2.8 & Airport 3.1.1 (according to the product's web page) - which I have installed.

But it's not seeing it!!! Other cards (CF & SM readers, USB) work in both my PC card slots.

My understanding is that this card should work because it's using a Broadcom chipset. But when I pull down the PC card menu that appears when it's in, it says:

     Ralink Technology Inc.
     RT2500

Which seems to be the name of a maker of a different chipset. Is this my problem? Did Belkin switch suppliers on me?

Or is this normal and there's something wrong with my card, my computer, or my install?

I know at least one other person here is using this wireless card (or at least a Belkin one), so maybe he/she/they can check and see if what I'm seeing is normal.

Thanks for any help!

Anne