I always purchase AppleCare on desktops. The one problem I have with
AppleCare on PowerBooks and iBooks is personal damage. If you drop, dent,
scratch the PowerBook in any way, you basically void the warranty. I have
received Quotes for as much as 1500 hundred dollars from Apple on damaged
PowerBooks. If you PowerBook is in good condition, and you know you can keep
it that way, then by all means purchase it. Having the hardware covered
under warranty is always a plus. If you don't think that's going to happen,
then you might want to pass.

Regards,
--
Aaron Willems