At 10:09 PM -0500 12/19/04, Bruce Johnson wrote:
"WiFi" provider?

If this were a DSL or Cable setup, I'd suggest resetting the DSL or Cable modem. They restrict access to the first MAC address they 'see' after a startup.
Hello Bruce,

No cable or DSL to where I live.

WiFi tower located line-of-sight atop the prominent mountain in the county.
We have a simple flat antenna with a coax cable to a DC power adapter and then
to a Linksky router. From there we had wires running to separate PBs
but the mice got to those cables
so now one wire to a hub where we split to two PBs.

I can connect with my 3400 and 5300 just fine.
But replace my 3400 with the G4 and I get the symptoms as described,
ie DHCP connects incompletely.

If I try other combinations of settings the Hub light for that extension does not
light up but if I copy the DHCP numbers that I get on the 3400 into Manual settings on the
G4 the Hub lights up but browsers and e-mail clients fail.

Go figure.

Thanks,
Cliff