Next version no way. This Guy has over 30 Billion and growing. The paltry act of Office for the Mac is not going to give Bill a second of worry about money. However losing out on style, functionality and development of programs, that takes away from the glow of his empire, will give him a second thought, eliminate it. Remeber the Steve and Bill show has not been one of love and respect.

You do not understand men of power, they have money and all that comes with it, all that you could possibly dream of times a billion and still have 30 left. What feeds them is to destroy and conquer. Their ruthless and anything that would take away from their industrial image as being the elite, they will destroy. That's what get them off. Thats the drive of men who have power.

So Apple, the computer and software I prefer, should be planning for this day. There will be another type of Office for Mac, only it will not be from MS, the monopoly inquiry is over, MS won.

I support companies that do things right. I will pay more and work a bit harder on less robust software to give my money to the companies that support the Mac. I would not call MS a Mac supporter. Losing I.E. was but the first shot. Adobe is getting restless.

So to everyone that loves Office great, you have your choice in life. Maybe it does make your job easier and you do not have to work as hard, a seemingly American trait.

I prefer the people who work harder to make the Mac survive, software and retail. Those folks bust their ass off on slim margins to make it work. They take chances in life, it makes you feel alive to do that. I can usually get hardware and software from the big retailers cheaper, especially shipping. However I am but 2% of their business.
So I go to the smaller operations that just support the Mac, software and retail. There I get real people that understand what their selling and how it works, instead of just reading off a screen. I guess I have a choice too, until Bill has his dream fulfilled .

So enjoy Macs at home and keep the issue that Macs are not for business alive. I apologize as I really could not understand why people would think Macs are not serious computers and not for business. This is a huge wall to sales of Macs. If you have a thousand people on Macs but there running MS office, it still says to the workers, we have Apple computers but there is no software for the Mac. One of the workers wants a computer. I use Microsoft Office at work what kind of computer should I buy.
Enjoy
Geoff