An interesting thread, so I thought I'd chime in. My Pismo is my main computer. . .period. I use it at home docked on it's multiple fan cooling station, elevated for my ergonomic needs, which of course is connected to my Firewire and USB devices. Oh and on the subject of screen real estate? At home my Pismo is always connected to my 17" Apple Studio Display. . .PLENTY of real estate to do my work. For those rare occasions when I have to go out to see clients, I grab my laptop bag, which can neatly house my Pismo, flat bed scanner, CD/RW, Zip Drive, and two extra batteries. The bag isn't even too big either. . .but probably weighs as much as the average American, but hey I LOVE to see my clients reactions as I bust out an entire office on the table; of which everything mentioned is powered from my Pismo via the Firewire and USB ports.

By the way folks, this brings me to the TWO REASONS I will have a very hard time ever parting from my Pismo. Besides two batteries, the hot swappable expansion bays are key elements for my needs, that always pop up when least expected. So, if Apple somehow figures out how to make a PowerBook G5 with those two main elements, I'll be the first in line. And yea, it's gonna have to be a G5 to get me away from my Pismo.

Probably a third reason is due to the advent of wireless technologies. Wireless, as we all know, has put an enormous jump on laptops in general through sales and overall demand. Of course my two bedroom condo is wireless and yes, I'm "technosexual" as was described the other day on the news. . .I have the occasional "geek" parties with as much as 12 to 14 people all wirelessly connected to my network via their laptops, PB's and iBooks, surfing and downloading. I've got a shared T1, so I might as well be generous with the bandwidth when I'm not using it right?

Anyway, as a former desktop user who had a computer it seems that was the size of my room with SCSI this and SCSI that just four short years ago, the Pismo has made me a true believer in laptop technology and I will never go back to a tower at home. NEVA! LOL.

Anyway, happy new year everyone. . .no more shots for me.

Z THE BLUETOOTH MASTER