At 10:11 AM -0500 1/1/05, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
OK, I had a person give me a hard time about a 12 inch LCD screen size and I
want to know, do people genuinely have serious complaints about 12 inch
screens? I have two units with 12 inch screens, on with a 15 inch, one with a 9.5
inch (my PowerPC PB540c) and even an old black and white PB 170 with a 640 x 400
screen.

I find that 12 inch is fine. My blueberry iBook is a wonderful, use-able unit
and the only time I have a problem with screen size is when some dufis
designs an application program with too many pallets and menu pannels that can't be
resized or hidden.

OK, here's the kicker, the complaint wasn't about a 12 inch LCD on a
powerbook or iBook, it was my father's current wife complaining about the heavily
upgraded, 500MHz G3 powered 20th Annaversary Macintosh. I have one just like it
and it's one of the finest units ever designed, essentially a PowerBook in a
desktop case with a fantastic sterio built in.

Back to my original question, do people have genuine issues with 12 inch
screen size?

I have a fifteen inch screen iBook and have used a 12" screen iBook. They have the same resolution (1024x768. I prefer the 15" because it's easier on the eyes. But the 12" is quite useable and amazingly clear. I think if I were to use one steadily it might get to me. I think it comes down to what you are comfortable with.

Newer screens are usually sharper. I also have a collection of older powerbooks and this iBook screen is a lot better.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA