On Jan 5, 2005, at 11:55 AM, Brian Rule wrote:

I honestly assuemd that my iPod would work the same as my palm pilot when building a new database- the computer looks at the palm and the computer files, and adds to whichever database needs it in order to make them match. It doesn't delete things unless you do it manually. sucks.

Nope, this is a piracy prevention measure, so you can't plug a full iPod into an empty computer and suck 30GB of music into the computer at once.

Of course, about 3.2 seconds after the iPod was released, people had programs out allowing exactly that.

At least you have the CD's...Someone with a sizeable ITMS collection would be really crying the blues right about now, if they hadn't backed it up...

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona