I got my PowerBook G3 400 (Pismo) back in August 2000. It was running 9.0.2 then. I have since done the wonderful dance through the OS Xs: 10.0/10.1 (made me cry because I am not a techy at all, NOT ready for prime time), 10.2 Jaguar (at last a real stable, easy to use OS X!!!) and then 10.3 Panther (my love only grows - it runs even faster than Jaguar did!). I have the Tiger disk in the other room (Tiger-prerelease is installed onto our dual G4 450 Power Mac - we are small developers) and I may install it on the Pismo after I get back from Macworld Expo San Fran. OR (more likely) I will FINALLY upgrade my PowerBook. After 4 and a half years, I think I deserve a new computer that can run the newest OS with lightening speed (Halo, here I come...).

I have a 8600 in the back room in case I want to run OS 8.1, 8.6 or 9.1 or my old but very good SCSI HP scanner. I have a PB 540 in the kitchen running 7.5.5 nicely as my recipe book.

We all cohabitate quite nicely.

Turtle-Bear