> Hello all,
>

> Using OS X 10.3.7 and running the newest version of Safari and
> sometimes Safari locks up when trying to access secure websites.
> Freezing is a rare occasion, but the usual "bug" is more annoying. .
> .Safari takes so long that the websites tend to "time out" before it
> can even establish a secure connection!  Anyway. . .if anyone has any
> ideas/opinions to this strange behavior. . .

> THE BLUETOOTH MASTER

Try reinstalling java 1.4.2(?). The 10.3.7 update seems to break something
in it. A reinstall of the latest java update seems to fix a number of Safari
quirks including the time-out bug, according to MacFixIt.com.

The time-out bug may require your entering your ISP's server into the DNS
server info in your network preferences.

John

--
Television can insult your intelligence, but it takes a computer to rub it
in.