Nils Mueller-Scheessel wrote:

Hi listers,

I am desperately trying to get a Belkin Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Notebook Card running with by Wallstreet (2nd revision, 233 MHz, upgraded to 466 MHz, 256 MB RAM). The Belkin-Card is supposed to run with OS 8.6 to X, but my PB always freezes in short time when I put it in the PC card-Slot. It is recognized in the System Profiler, however. I have installed OS 9.1, 9.2.2, the USB-Card-Support 1.4.1 - to no avail. Unfortunately, installing OS X is not an option, as my processor upgrade refuses to work with it (the processor is not the culprit, however, as the problem with the USB-card persists when using the old (very sloow) processor).

I have no idea if this is related or not, but my OrangeLink Firewire CadBus Card does not work, too (though it should as well). It is not even recognized in the System Profiler.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Nils

I have this same card on my Wallstreet II and it works fine with the power cord attached to the card. With out the power cord attached only the USB roller mouse from Kensington works. Hope that this helps
Shaack