On Sunday, January 16, 2005, at 10:22  AM, kochkodin wrote:

Get a copy of DiskWarrior as fast as you can and run it...
<snip>
...It sounds to me like the HD got really corrupted...

I would have to agree with this statement, if you can get the machine booted in 9 off the CD then you have a hard drive problem of some type!

The main drive in my wife's pismo is making some strange noises and hangs while on the net, often having to have the permissions repaired weekly, so I will be replacing the hard drive soon...... fortunately the computer has little data on it and is more of an internet portal for her to use when away from her main machine at work.....

PS, folks, please remove the extra text in your replies.....
--
Alan Miller
Underwater Photographer   <°))))<....°.°.°.°.