On 1/15/05 8:36 AM, "Larry le Mac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am pondering my next *Book purchase and the way I see it
> I have two choices (need vs. budget and all...)

First, I would not purchase any laptop that was previously damaged in an
accident regardless of documentation that some repair took place (but that
is just my personal preference).  I am sure you are aware that even if the
PB is still under Applecare, that damage would not be covered, even if it is
the cause of other problems.

Given the above, out of the two computers you presented, I would go for the
new iBook 12".

If you can wait, buy an iBook that includes Tiger and save yourself the cost
of upgrading.

You don't go into great detail regarding what you would be using this
computer for except it seems like it will be your main computer and you will
be using it extensively for internet purposes.  In that case, the iBook
would be a great choice.

If you are planning to use any graphic intensive programs like Photoshop, I
would be more inclined to go with a PB.  I have a 15" Al PB and use it as my
primary computer.  I use it primarily for Photoshop work, including photo
restoration and am very pleased with it.  I don't believe an iBook would
have been sufficient for this kind of work but for everything else, the
iBook is a great value for money.

Good luck with your decision,

Amber