On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Timothy Luoma wrote:
[snip]
> Go with the iBook.
>
> Not only is a dropped laptop forever tainted IMO, but the iBooks are
> said to have much better reception than the Powerbooks (I use mine
> mostly in the same room with the base station, so it was a moot point
> to me) and they have longer battery life.

I'll assume we're talking TiBk? AlBk reception and battery are at least
equal to the iBook. The only reason (?) to go for the TiBk over an AlBk
would be if you need to *boot* into OS 9.

> The iBook is a great computer.  The Powerbook was right for me for
> other reasons, but given your situation I think the iBook is the clear
> winner.  Definitely wait for Tiger at this point.

Agreed...so I'd recommend that, if you can, put this purchase off until
June. Not only will the shipping version of Tiger likely be revealed, but
the rumours of the much anticipated PBk G5 could be settled. If you still
want a G4 PBk, I'm sure you'll get one for a significantly reduced price.
--
Non Illegitimi Carborundum