on 22/01/05 17:26, Alex Santos 100MB Neostrada Mail at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I would like to install os9 over firewire because the ibook's CD ROM
> player is dead.
>
> I have an ibook 500 (which I am returning) but I would like to give it
> another chance as the price was so dandy!
>
> I went out and bought a firewire cable and successfully mounted the
> ibook on the emac's desktop; however, after installing os 9, an
> original cd that came with the first version of OS, resulted in an
> ibook that won't start.
>
> Do I need original ibook CDs?

Could be, but have you tried to "bless" the new system folder? You just pull
out the Finder, put it on the desktop, then you put it back into the system
folder. Sometimes, it's just what's missing. But maybe something is missing
for the iBook in this OS 9 CD installation...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

coaster n.: 1. Unuseable CD produced during failed attempt at writing to
writeable or re-writeable CD media. Certainly related to the coaster-like
shape of a CD, and the relative value of these failures. "I made a lot of
coasters before I got a good CD." 2. Useless CDs received in the mail from
the likes of AOL, MSN, CI$, Prodigy, ad nauseam.