iBook 500 (dual USB) 64MB of RAM, CD ROM drive dead.

OF works fine, I can do a printenv at the prompt and the boot-device shows the correct default for new world machines as being, hd:,\\:txbi

It just won't boot. But in Target mode the disk mounts on my eMacs desktop and in fact I can boot up my eMac using the iBook's HD while the iBook is in Target mode.

Can anyone explain this? Since the CDROM drive is dead I can't use C to startup from a CD, but I have installed Panther, while the ibook was in Target mode, using my eMac and like I said it will boot my eMac right up but it will not boot itself.

I get a flashing question mark inside a folder

Alex