My experience with Applecare has been good, but there was one incident when they were out of the particular part and it took forever to get it in and get it replaced. I think it was like 3 weeks or so like your situation. I don't have an answer for you, other than to say it happens once in a while. If I were in your shoes, I'd probably bite my lip but in the end, be glad that they're fixing it.

Hang in there.

John Slavin