On 1/24/05 10:34 PM, "Geoffrey Loeffler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Spew into the
Cybertrough:

> I swore off apple but busted down and got 2 iPods and 2 iBooks for my
> wife and one of my kids. I called Apple Care and said I need to get a
> copy of the 10.3.7 update, lady snaps did you sign up yet, well no I
> need the software. So dealt with her, then she said we might as well
> get the iPods signed up, well I already paid for that, I don't see it.

Applecare is a hardware warranty.  Not a "hand holding service."
You need to register to reap the benefits of Applecare.

> I asked Apple Care if they could send a disk with these updates on
> there, I would pay for shipping and any reasonable costs. The new
> tomato on the phone said it's not Apples fault that you do not have the
> capability to down load a 100 meg file.

Applecare is a hardware warranty.  Not a "hand holding service."

> Now I really want a G5, tricked out it will run between 5 to 10K. When
> Apple Care got nasty because I needed a upgrade disk and I mean snotty,

Applecare is a hardware warranty.  Not a "hand holding service."  They are
not required to supply CD versions of software to a customer.  If you don't
have a fast enough connection then get one...or go rent one at your local
Kinko's for less than the shipping costs would've been.  It is not Apple's
fault.

> One more thing, if you think there is a problem get it fixed before the
> last year of Apple Care and for sure the last 6 months. Less then 6
> months they will blame it on a spilled liquid sometime in the last 6
> months and Apple does not cover that.

This is a joke right?  This is slander.  Can you back this up with evidence?
No?  I didn't think so.  You must be FREAKING kidding me. I am an Apple
Certified Technician....and no where in my training did I learn of this
practice.  Never have I experienced it in my entire career. I look at a book
and diagnose it.  I then order the part.  Apple can not tell me to say one
thing or another.  It is a WARRANTY.  Now if I open the book and smell
coffee and see liquid then yes, I must be honest and decline the warranty
work.  But that has only happened a couple of times.

I am an authorized Service Provider. It is me that you are speaking of.  I
do the work daily.  You sound like something is not right in your head.

Kyle Hansen
--
"The best way out is always through." -- Robert Frost