On Jan 24, 2005, at 11:33 PM, Kyle Hansen wrote:

On 1/24/05 10:34 PM, "Geoffrey Loeffler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Spew into the
Cybertrough:

I swore off apple but busted down and got 2 iPods and 2 iBooks for my
wife and one of my kids. I called Apple Care and said I need to get a
copy of the 10.3.7 update, lady snaps did you sign up yet, well no I
need the software. So dealt with her, then she said we might as well
get the iPods signed up, well I already paid for that, I don't see it.

Applecare is a hardware warranty. Not a "hand holding service." You need to register to reap the benefits of Applecare.

Really, do you read where it says unlimited help with your Apple product on the phone.....Did I need some help, yes.

This is a very good example of what you the consumer can expect from Apple Care, the attitude, the denial of problems and just a careless attitude towards customers, tending to blame YOU!!! not little sweet Apple. This is Apple Care if he has the guts to print it

I asked Apple Care if they could send a disk with these updates on
there, I would pay for shipping and any reasonable costs. The new
tomato on the phone said it's not Apples fault that you do not have the
capability to down load a 100 meg file.

Applecare is a hardware warranty. Not a "hand holding service.

Wow!!!! Kyle Better go back and read the TOS of Apple Care they provide support over the phone for Apple Products. Now if they do not want to send a disk fine. It just cost them a G5
Apple also builds the OS, in case you don't understand, so help with that would be covered under AC. Do they have to send the disk,no. Should they try to help yes. Remeber the i's software who build that M$$

Now I really want a G5, tricked out it will run between 5 to 10K. When
Apple Care got nasty because I needed a upgrade disk and I mean snotty,

Applecare is a hardware warranty. Not a "hand holding service." They are
not required to supply CD versions of software to a customer. If you don't
have a fast enough connection then get one...or go rent one at your local
Kinko's for less than the shipping costs would've been. It is not Apple's
fault.
Hey got your life I got mine, if that is what works for you fine, I expect after dropping almost 4k sending a copy of a software update would be an easy thing to do. Instead of being told in the same dumb ass tone, we can't do that in a rude and careless voice. As a business man you always try to help customers have a good experience. I can get by without that G5 for now
Apple is a hardware company your own venom is clogging your brain, OS X iLife, Keynote, iWorks, Apple Works get the idea
iMovie, the list goes on.

One more thing, if you think there is a problem get it fixed before the
last year of Apple Care and for sure the last 6 months. Less then 6
months they will blame it on a spilled liquid sometime in the last 6
months and Apple does not cover that.

This is a joke right?
No you are, I called to get it repaired and the Apple tech guy put me through to Apple Care Dispatch, the first thing he said was, guess; We do not cover spilled liquids in computers. No Kidding. After getting this back after Apple claimed that sometime in the last 6 months a liquid was spilled. I asked what, we don't know, well how can you tell, we have tests. Having no proof that there was liquid spilled the denied the claim. I fixed it for $5.00. When Apple wanted over a thousand. I started researching Apple Care, this is a common claim as it is difficult to prove or disprove that in the last 6 months a liquid was or was not spilled. So most people give up. They said I needed a whole new motherboard, sure working good now with a $5.00 invertor..

This is slander. Can you back this up with evidence?

Yes plenty, but your you are incapable of comprehending that. So I am not going to waste my time. Please be my guest call old Gwenny at Apple and discuss this with her, if you can get through. I would love to take this experts and I have the resources, so if in it be ready. Don't make threats.

No? I didn't think so.
You know nothing, if it's slander send it to Apple, I still have the parts with the code and I still have the recording she left saying we will ship this out. Guess somebody got caught in the cookie jar. Please, I was going to sue them in my state court as others had suggested, not worth the energy. This time it just might be the right time so as I said if your ready, have at it but be ready to get what you give.

You must be FREAKING kidding me. I am an Apple
Certified Technician....and no where in my training did I learn of this
practice.
Ya know being a computer repair person is not exactly a 8 year degree program, nor very hard. You do not run Apple Care and if you really knew so much as you seem to say you do. You would know all power books unless a simple duh, go to Texas. Of course that would hurt your business as you can add time to the repair.

Never have I experienced it in my entire career.
Well I bet there is a lot you have not experienced, I did not say YOU did this. However you have nothing to do with Power Books in Texas, heck I bet they send them across the border for repairs. I asked this and they declined to answer, saying we have plants all around the world.

I look at a book
and diagnose it. I then order the part. Apple can not tell me to say one
thing or another.
I never mentioned you or anything about you until this wild attack. Geez I would hate to come to your place for repairs.
ALL PowerBooks are sent to Texas, They send you a box and off it goes unless it's a consumer installable item. That's what Apple told me, even if it goes to a dealer, all PowerBooks go to Texas.

It is a WARRANTY. Now if I open the book and smell
coffee and see liquid then yes, I must be honest and decline the warranty
work.
I assure you there was nothing spilled in this book, nor do I lie. They wanted a $1000.00 to repair, it had 3 months of Apple Care left. It turned out to be the inverter, which cost $5.00 on eBay and took 10 minutes to install, yes I am a little slow when working on the book.

But that has only happened a couple of times.

That's you. I am glad. They lied to me.

I am an authorized Service Provider. It is me that you are speaking of. I
do the work daily. You sound like something is not right in your head.

OH MY GOD Kyle, what do you think your are a General in army of Apple. The marching Apples. It's a joke to say because Apple Care sucks I am speaking of Kyle. Man is this wild you must be toasted

Geez get a life. I mentioned the people who lie and are not polite. You are not a employee of Apple Computer at their Power Book facility in Texas. I never spoke with you but your god like attitude and a pure attack is just what Apple Care is like. Disagree with me and I will kick your butt. I will be surprised if this even makes it to the list. Although you could be salivating just waiting to get the dirty Apple guy. Also as the list nanny on other places it seems a bit inappropriate but I am all for free speech, but you do get a bit threatening at points and that's wrong.

I did not single you out, I did not even mention your name. Your on another ego trip, PowerBooks get repaired in Texas, that is what Apple said to do, that is what I did. How many more times to I have to say it. With 2 Power Books as a matter of fact within days of each other.

The one was out of warranty I paid for that repair, but they screwed the pooch on that too and lied about parts they said they never touched, funny thing is there writing was on my battery, little code stickers were on a power cable and saucer that arced and sparked when I plugged it in, I doubt those were mine, my battery lasted more then 15 minutes which was listed in writing on the battery

I called old Gwendolyn, she of course lied and denied, they ever touched those parts, we only touch what needs a repair. I pointed out the code and even as a favor gave her the numbers.. The next day she called back and in the same bitchy voice said we will send a new battery and discontinue use of the power supply, were sending a new one-after lying that they ever touched those parst.

Please by all means take it to Apple Pro Tem. This is not slander, this is the truth. Any man that can not accept that in a large corporation there are weak spots by committee and the committee at Apple is Steve, does understand business. Apple Care has been the only place they can really cut expense, make it difficult to get repairs, slow it down, people are less likely to send in a computer for a little flakiness when they read 17 days and still waiting. So you over look the little things and dang it goes out right at the end of Apple Care. It use to be great, I would still get it for books and high end. It just sucks.

Lets remember we have a Man waiting 17 days for a screen. How out of whack is that, about as much as this attack.
Stuff it
Geoff

Kyle Hansen
--
"The best way out is always through." -- Robert Frost