On Jan 25, 2005, at 2:43 AM, Marcin Wichary wrote:

let me start out by saying that i completely understand your frustration, I think that apple is changing from the company I knew and loved a decade ago-- but then again, that's because they're moving to the mass market.

Weren't they more in the mass market 10 years ago than today?

Interesting point but I would guess units sold, same or less as the product line is wider iPods

Any time a computer company has to put a warning on their website stating that users should not eat their product, such as the ipod shuffle, you know that they've started to market their products to a population that is a little less than technically inclined.

Am I the only one who think it's a joke...?

I was laughing as hard as I can, but I think he is serious

--> Will they cover a cup of java sloshed into the keyboard? No, that was your fault for not remembering middle school science, and thinking that liquid and electronics go hand in hand.

That was a incorrect statement made by Kyle as an example of what he would turn down for a A/C repair and rightly so.

I did not spill anything in any pismo that needed repair. In fact I have never spilled anything in a computer.
Once more I did not spill anything in any pismo that needed repair.

I am used to being responsible for items that are very costly and the contents irreplaceable. no mistakes allowed.
Not one.

--> Will they cover a laptop that's been dropped out of a moving car? Well, you can always try, but my guess is that kyle and his ilk will probably frown and ask again how it happened, just to hear it one more time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these two cases should be covered by a regular insurance (from your local insurance company), which costs a fraction of price of AppleCare.

Possibly with your homeowners, but with red lining I would not put a claim in for a computer repair, you might have a problem with insurance renewal. Please no opinions, research it, it's on the web.

In my case the Apple Care $1000.00 repair er estimate cost was way out of line, they just said the Mother Board was dead, they never checked. I fixed it for $5.00 with a used inverter, it's underneath where the start button is on the pismo and the sleep light. That plastic part snaps open and the green inverter unplugs on both ends, new one in and hello pismo.
Good running computers for all
Geoff
Who does not spill liquids in computers.....

Marcin Wichary e:\> [EMAIL PROTECTED] w:\> www.aci.com.pl/mwichary >> Attached w:\> www.aci.com.pl/mwichary/gui >> Graphical User Interface gallery w:\> www.10yearsofbeingboring.com >> 10 years of Being Boring w:\> www.usability.pl >> Usability.pl

Small Dog Electronics http://www.smalldog.com | Refurbished Drives |
-- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks | & CDRWs on Sale! |