On Jan 25, 2005, at 2:43 PM, Geoffrey Loeffler wrote:

She is not a troll, she has had problems with her pismo in the past and has posted here, see geez, say one thing anti Apple and get mugged and slugged
This group is intolerable of talking about Apple problems and solutions to keep the computer we all use from fading away. Which it could do at anytime and not too many people would be upset.

This group is hardly 'intolerable of talking about Apple problems'.

What gets people's back up is someone like you claiming (for EVERYONE) that "Apple is terrible", backing it up with such a whiny luser complaint (that they didn't instantly give you a CD when you demanded it) and then saying such stupid things as the only reason Apple scores highly in customer satisfaction surveys is because 'we all jam the boards to vote them high.'

Seriously.

The companies that do such ratings, such as Consumer Reports and JD Powers do NOT rely on some random uncontrolled web poll.

That Apple's customer service is ranked as highly as it is is because it IS that good.

Don't thinks so? Go spend your money on a Dell, HP or Gateway. Then see what kind of customer service you get.

Trust me, you'll long for the days of Apple's "horrible" support.

(Except for Gateways corporate service...Apple could learn a thing or two from it.)

All this said, the original complaint (that a 14" iBook is taking inordinately long to repair) is anomalous, and I'd escalate it, if I were the person involved.

Component supplies DO get severely constrained at times, and ther emay be nothing that the apple techs can do about it, but I'd complain on up the supervisor chain...

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona