on 25/01/05 18:03, Kristina Rost at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Thanks Laurent!
>
> I think that HD was only 6GB...something wee...so either of these is better
> than I had...this could be a good thing...
>
> do I know how to swap out the HD?
>
> tho I did go ahead and initialize and it took 9.0 just fine...dare I
> continue to upgrade thru 9.1 to 9.2.2? and reload?
>
> was it a fluke? with the Fractual Expressions?
>
> and where can I find the versions of my old programs and whether or not they
> will run on 9.2.2? Like I really liked my ATM 4.0 Deluxe wants an upgrade
> with 9.1...i think that's why I always stayed at 8.6 so I didn't have to
> upgrade and upgrade...the old programs worked well for me, I use a pencil
> too.  Tho now with the camera/printer/ebay...glory! I will never make any
> money if I have to pay off all the tech!

Well, if you were able to reformat the drive and it's working, try to keep
it going for a little while and you'll see. I'm not the definitive expert on
the question, but when you start hearing clicking noises from the hard
drive, that usually means it is close to its useful life. Make sure you make
daily backups of your important files.

As for going from 9.0 to 9.1 and 9.2.2, I think you should do it. I don't
recall any application that would run on 9.0 but not on 9.2.2. There are
some differences between these 2 versions but nothing to break applications
from running. So, if an application does run fine under 9.0, it should run
as well under 9.2.2. The reason to update is for the numerous bug fixes and
enhancements that were included in 9.2.2...

Remember, keep backing up your vital data every day, you never know...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

code monkey n.: 1. A person only capable of grinding out code, but unable to
perform the higher-primate tasks of software architecture, analysis, and
design. Mildly insulting. Often applied to the most junior people on a
programming team. 2. Anyone who writes code for a living; a programmer. 3. A
self-deprecating way of denying responsibility for a management decision, or
of complaining about having to live with such decisions. As in "Don't ask me
why we need to write a compiler in COBOL, I'm just a code monkey."