Hello folks,

Got a new mystery here. . .or not I hope. My roommate has the dual USB 14" iBook; a.k.a., "Son Of Pismo". It's a pretty cool looking laptop in general design, but he's been having trouble with it. First, I suggested he replace his AC adapter as soon as possible since the cord is frayed. The main problem he's having though is a "thumping" from the hard drive area before boot up. When you press the power button, you hear this sound for approx. 30 seconds to a minute, then all of a sudden it boots like there was never a problem. I'm suspecting it's the drive going bad, any other ideas?

Zoltan
THE BLUETOOTH (and WiFi) MASTER