Hi Linda,

Similar problems over here with our Lombard: I was able to install OS 10.0.3 using the original 64 MB RAM chip the Lombard came with. From 10.1 up, one needs al least 128 MB but all the RAM upgrades I've tested, in various configurations up to and including 512 MB, invariable gave me a freeze or kernel panic. So, I would advise you not to waste any money on a copy of OS 10.2. Rather, try to locate someone with a Lombard who has been able to install Panther, see if you can borrow that working RAM chip to install Panther and then swap it for the RAM you have (apparently, for installing the Lombard is much pickier then for actually running 10.3).

Peter

Op 29-jan-05 om 15:51 heeft [EMAIL PROTECTED] het volgende geschreven:

Hi,
I have a Lombard thats driving me crazy. I really love it but will probably
end up getting rid of it because I have struggled way to many hours trying to
get OSX on it with no success. I upgraded the battery, bought two new
"certified mac" chips 256 and 128 from OWC, a new shell, a 10 gig drive, etc. I was
hoping to keep it alive. I even bought a 2.5 external enclosure and installed
10.3 (Panther) on it from another computer and reinstalled it into the
Lombard. It starts to startup in 10 but then I get a blue screen and mouse is
frozen or a kernal panic. Needless to say no success. Someone suggested 10.2 but I
don't have
a copy of that and getting tired of investing $ into it.

Is there away to upgrade the cards inside?  And what would I get?

Or should I get rid of it - and what would be the next step up? Would need
it to handle most graphic programs like adobe, macromedia, office etc in the
OSX operating system?
I can't afford a brand new one right now, what would be a step up from the
Lombard?

I really love my Lombard and would hate to see it go - wish I could find a
way to keep it.
TIA for all your suggestions/answers.
Linda

Small Dog Electronics http://www.smalldog.com | Refurbished Drives |
-- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks | & CDRWs on Sale! |