On Jan 29, 2005, at 8:16 PM, Amber wrote:

After a week of finding various firewire drives to back my hard drive up to,
I am finally ready to erase my hard drive and hope that all the problems I
have been having with the PB will disappear.

Just wondering - would you guys suggest that I zero all data and start from
scratch or would a normal erase likely resolve the software problems that
may be responsible for plaguing my PB and causing the superdrive to stop
working properly ?

Thanks,

Amber

Amber,

Food for thought: I too was having problems with one of my PB's and decided to try something: I installed OS X Panther on my external Firewire drive; the drive that was meant to simply back up all of my data so I could re-format my main internal drive. What I found was quite disturbing. . .the exact same problems occurred running from the external drive only after about 30 minutes in operation! While this may not be true for you, I'm still at a loss as what is causing my issues, which is odd delays in some of my apps. Just food for thought. . .

Zoltan

THE BLUETOOTH (and WiFi) MASTER