On Feb 2, 2005, at 4:14 PM, Harry D. Corsover wrote:

OK -- fourth try. This time I'll leave out anything resembling a real hyperlink, and I've double-checked that this is a plain text only message.. I'm resending this because my previous message contained a live link (or something else that made it appear to be "multipart/alternative:, and the list accepts only plain text. I hope this one goes through.
------
I've been trying to create a live web link in email, both in Apple Mail and Entourage (MS Office X). I've looked at some HTML tutorials, and seen the underlying code when I receive a link like this: (I can't put in the code, since that will ensure that my message gets bounced again).

If what you're trying to do is create a short link to stick in an e-mail try a service like TinyURL <http://www.tinyurl.com> and put the link in the text between < > brackets.

That will be a clickable link in Mail and Outlook.

There are plugins and javascripts that will connect to the tinyurl site, generate the url, and put it in your clipboard for both Safari and Firefox/Mozilla.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona