Note that most of these will put out 110V, not 120V. For PowerBooks, that's not generally a problem as the PowerBook AC adapter is tolerant of 110V to 130V (or so). My portable CD player's AC adapter is not so tolerant... After an hour or two of being plugged in, the CD player overheated (I don't know exactly how, but it seems like the CD player was being fed too much power and the thing got REALLY hot where the power cord plugs in to the device).

Mine's a Vector brand inverter, but I don't remember the exact wattage. More than 75W, I think.

All things being equal, I'd go for a dedicated DC auto/air adapter instead of a DC-AC inverter -> AC adapter. Given the prices of some of the PowerBook auto/air adapters, though, things are hardly ever equal...

Peace,
Drew
--

Author of ClassicStumbler email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> web: <http://www.alksoft.com/>