Can anyone tell me if new batteries are available from Apple for the
Wallstreet PowerBook? Can anyone recomend a Apple service dealer in
Virginia?

I have had bad luck with third party batteries. The one I go in new this
week does not charge. Does not charge in a VST charger or the PowerBook.
Vendor does not answer phone calls, so I have contacted my Charge Card
company.

The APC one I got 6 months ago, does not charge in VST Charger or
PowerBook. APC does not want to replace it under their one year warranty,
as this would be the third one from them.

The Apple brand I have does charge in both the VST Charger and PowerBook,
but because of age, it only last about 50 minutes.

Ken Vann