Or can anyone recommend a retrieval company and how much does it cost?

I have practical experience with OnTrack Data Systems out of Minnesota. I'll start with "if you have to ask how much, you probably can't afford it". For 5GB of data recovered from a server hard drive, I paid about 6 grand, including diagnostic fee, and DVDs with my data on it. This was critical data for a business, so price was pretty much no object. That price was for expedited service.

Hope this helps.

Steve