On Feb 12, 2005, at 8:28 PM, Andrew F. wrote:

I see good and bad to having the ports on the side. Having just sold my
Pismo (and still having a Lombard in the family, not to mention a ThinkPad)
I do like the rear-mounted ports when sitting at a desk with stuff plugged
in.

However, when actually plugging something in, like my iPod, camera or other
peripheral that is not always there, the side-mounted port is easier to
locate and use without disrupting the PowerBook.

Duplicate ports would be great, but would make for too large a machine and
would also be unsightly. I think I am leaning towards Apple's current
side-mounted ports because I usually just use the laptop as-is, and I love
the drop-down hinge for flying, making a lower overall profile (bad for neck
and shoulders) that is less prone to passenger-in-front-reclining syndrome.

Andrew