Boy did I wake up this list with this thread!

As far as my comments on poorly designed keyboard on the 17", I meant that Apple was trying to promote the 17" as not only a portable computer, but a viable replacement for a desktop computer. On that note, I felt they wasted space on the sides of the keyboard. . .when they could have designed it to full keyboard size. . .with a 10 key. Other than that, the 17" is decent. Some say the space is for speakers, etc. Please; look at other PB's, like the Pismo. The design possibility is there. And as far as ports on the back? I'm not a neat freak, just someone who has clients come over to my place from time to time, and I have to mirror my screen to my 17" to show them what I'm doing. My workplace HAS to have a slightly polished look, not a system with wires and cords hanging everywhere. A lot of my clients comment on how "sexy" my Pismo is. . and where can they get one, etc. Someone say this is a matter of opinion, while I say it is a matter of which type of work the user is doing. Apple should offer different layouts for each PB and iBook. Who cares about cost. . .Apple has already hit over a billion dollars just with the iPod alone. Each PB at least, should have two identical models available. One with the ports on the back. the other on the side. The ones with the ports on the back could even be only available via BTO. Heck, I'd even pay a little extra for this, if it where an option. I have no desktop computer, nor do I need one. My Pismo is my desktop computer AND my portable computer for those rare times I have to go out in the field. . . until Apple comes out with a better PowerBook; maybe even with the wonderful expansion bays again! :) (dreaming now)

Zoltan THE BLUETOOTH (and WiFi) MASTER