On 2/16/05 5:13 AM, "Larry le Mac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> From: "Andrew" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> There are many higher resolution 14" screens out there.
>> IBM has 1600X1200 14" panels, and I'm sure other
>> manufacturers do as well.
>

> I have always been puzzled by this.
>
> Always been a sole Mac user in a PC world I have always
> ahd to try and hide my 1024 pixel issue on my PowerBook G3
> while everyone else's Dell's and stuff had much more, and now
> with 1280 on my 15" at work, nothing compared to the other
> guys 1600 or even 1900 or whatever.

But what do you get with a 14" display with a 1600x1200 res other than the
right to say mine is bigger than yours? Do you actually get more usable
screen real estate or do you just wind up setting word to 150% magnification
so you can read the text, which of course puts you back to square one?

The PC notebook that was dumped on my desk last spring has specs that make
it seem much better than an iBook or PowerBook but it fails the usability
test. PC manufactures are still stuck in the bigger faster = better mode.
Add more features and it is better. Like Creative and all the other mp3
player goons they don't understand the whole thing is a package and less can
actually be more.

david