Hello all--

Well, it' time to look into a new computer. I want to go whole hog but cost
is a limiting factor of course.

I am currently using a Revision B Grape iMac (333 MHz) running OS 9.2.2 with
a 120 GB Hard Drive. I have not made the jump to OS X.

I want to upgrade to a PowerBook (probably the 17 inch) and it comes with
Panther (OS 10.3.x) I believe. I still have a great many programs which I
use all the time that will not work in OS X -- mostly because they need to
be upgraded, but some do not offer anything beyond OS 9 anyway.

When OS X first came out there was a way to still run "Classic" applications
within OS X or still boot the computer into OS 9 for those applications
needing it. I'm not totally up to speed on how this worked but I will need
this capability until I can upgrade all my applications and even beyond for
those not offering any upgrade path.

My initial questions are:

What is the last (newest) PowerBook which offered the capability to still
run OS 9 applications?

Which operating system did it ship with?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer. I'm sure I will have more questions
but don't know what else to ask right now. I am on digest mode so it may
take a few hours to respond to any advise.

Thanks again,
Wally

--
Miz Book Biz Booksellers