From: Marcin Wichary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

People buy Macs for a single reason - it is the tool that works for them.

And you know that because you asked every one of them?

Personally, there were many reasons why I bought my first Mac, and the one you mentioned wasn't among them.

I am one of the unfortunate people than cannot buy a computer, settle with that and use it for say three years, I am plaigued with a need to buy something else, at least once a month, and I regularly look at buying a PC for various reasons; games, my wifes studies etc. but I always come back to a Mac, because:

1. They always work better, smoother, MUCH less admin

2. Pride!  Pride to be differemt, pride to have something that
   looks better, pride to have something that works better.

When I moved back to Sweden from England five years ago and
took the job to establish a documentation role in a machine tool
manufacturer I was faced with the decision whether to go with the
PC they provided me with (which I hated) or to go it alone and
get a Mac (IT support knew nothing about Mac).

I spoke to Steve Wozniak and we discussed the issue. He came
with an answer, not THE answer but enough for me tyo make my
mind up and something which will stay with me for as long as
Apple's products provide a viable solution;

"It's a bit like religion, if you believe in something you sometimes
have to sacrifice things to go with what you believe in"

and for me, first and foremost I use a Mac because I WANT TO.

Price and feature comparisons don't come into it.

Larry