At 2:37 PM -0700 3/13/05, Bruce Johnson wrote:
On Mar 12, 2005, at 10:01 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

on 12/03/05 23:17, Jason at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

..and now I have 128 Megs on my keychain....and It was I think Billy
boy, but I cant be sure..

On Mar 12, 2005, at 19:32, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
Yep, limits to be exceeded. Did anybody remember who said, a few years
ago,
that nobody would ever need more than 640KB in a computer? ;-)

-Laurent.

That was exactly him! Billy Boy!

Whilst I'll join in the Gates-Bash any time happily, this is an urban legend..he never said any such thing. No one has ever been able to come up with a citation for this statement, and he has denied it repeatedly. <http://tafkac.org/celebrities/bill.gates/gates_memory.html>

--
Bruce Johnson

While I tend to believe he might not have said the line often attributed to him he did wax on about the 640K memory space. And after his testimony I would utterly discount any denials on his part.

There is also the fact that M$ products wouldn't work right in more than 1Mb of RAM because their development system could only handle 20bit addressing. That is they wouldn't work right until Apple jimmyied the system to only load M$ s/w in the first 1Mb.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA