Hi all,
Now I really, really hope I can post to this list. There has been a
problem with blacklisting of my ISP, which they promised to work out,
but it would take some time. So I have been waiting...

Earlier today, I was sitting with my iBook 12" 1.2 Ghz which some of you
probably remember that I bought just a few months ago. It was brand new
medio November. Suddenly the screen went black. First I thought I
somehow had managed to turn off the light, but nope. It is almost as if
something like a backlight has gone dead, if that makes sense. If I put
it up against the light, I can see something.

But you won`t believe what happened next. I connected my Pismo, to use
that as a crisis solution... It has just been sitting there, on and
connected to the AC. When I opened the book, only 1/3 of the screen
displays, the rest is purple and fuzzy. Not possible to use it for
anything, so obviously that too needs repair. I have no idea what
happened to it while it was sitting here... So off I went, for my #2
crisis solution, a Toshiba Portege, which I hate to use, but I have it
for when I need to write a lot while out and about in my work... So it
is that one I am using now, after setting it up for net use, which I
have never done on a PC before. I got some problems with IE, but fixed
that by installing Firefox instead... LOL... Better that than having to
fiddle with things on a PC!!!!

But anyway... Do anybody have an idea about what might have happened to
my iBook screen? Is there some problem with these that others have
experienced as well? Luckily it is under warranty, and I also have Apple
Care for it, so I guess I will be making some phone calls tomorrow. I
put the papers in a really safe place, stupid me, and now I can`t find
them, so I guess I will have my evening set out for myself, searching
for them. I have copies on the computer, but with no screen I can`t
access them...

One great thing though, the PC also has a Wi-Fi card, and the Airport
Express base works super, no problems setting it up at all, it
recognized the network as it should and everything...

Thanks a lot in advance for any input!!!! I almost panicked when it
happened, I can`t live without my iBook!!!!

Aase :)