Kind of in a quandary here, so I'm looking for additional input to help me make up my mind.

A couple of weeks ago, my 15-inch AlBook (1.25Ghz) was damaged on a business trip (I won't get into the specifics of that, but I'm also looking to get a new case). It didn't appear at first that the damage was too severe -- dented bottom case -- but the HD started acting flaky and I had to reseat the AP card.

I sent it in for repair to the Apple Service Center and the repair estimate came back -- between $1,200-1,500 (US) to fix. They actually sent it back to me with a laundry list of parts that need to be replaced -- seems like the whole laptop, less the logic board.

This PB is about 14 months old. In January I just purchased AppleCare for it (which won't cover the repair repair in this case). I'm trying to decide if I should even worry about getting it fixed or just bite the bullet and get a new PB. The equivalent of my machine is now the 1.67 GHz 15-inch PB, with the SMS, new trackpad, etc. It's also $2,299... if memory serves, my PB was around $2,499 when I purchased it. I kind of hate the idea of sinking more than $4,000 into this computer when I can get the latest and greatest for less than $1,000 more than the repair bill.

So... repair or replace? Any opinions?

--
P. H. "Patch" Adams
[EMAIL PROTECTED]