At 12:46 PM +0800 4/13/05, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Sigh, the day I am off on holidays my faithful G3 iBook seems to have developed
terminal symptoms. The screen has developed thin horizontal black lines and
there is a ghosting effect going on at the same time. The whole computer is
frozen. I noticed this happened when I picked up the laptop and had gently
squeezed above and below as I was carrying it.
Please tell me it is something simple and that Apple will fix it <grin>!

Pat ;)

p.s. I can restart and it will work occasionally but the minute I touch it then
all hell breaks loose.

Check <http://www.apple.com/support> for their iBook repair program. I have a friend who just received her's back, no charge. You problem sounds like it may fit the program. The program just passed the last day for any iBook but IIRC you can still get it fixed for free if it's less than two years since date of purchase. I don't know about down under though.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA