Interesting answer. I was thinking as I read it.....hmmm, no music industry, then nobody to pay artists, no artists being paid, no music!
What a sad, sad world that would be.

Just my thoughts,

Tim
On Apr 20, 2005, at 9:21 AM, Mikael Byström wrote:

Brian said:

The relevance is that I am trying to figure out if one day I'll get in
legal trouble just for having it on my hard drive, give the
implications of a program like this.

Today, no. In the future, who knows. I know the EU countries have been
persuaded by the film and music companies to more or less ban p2p sharing
technologies. IMHO this is a violation against the EU regulations for
trade barriers. My friends are marketing their music trough these
channels and so will I if I ever release anything. I don't need record
companies.

The music industry as of now will wither and it's only time before the
film industry goes the same way. In the latter case that's probably both
good and bad. I won't miss the music industry of today, however.

But this issue is very offtopic, so let's drop it now (soon anyway) or
take it offlist.

Small Dog Electronics http://www.smalldog.com | Refurbished Drives |
-- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks | & CDRWs on Sale! |